A 43-year-old hotel owner was allegedly killed by two persons over a money dispute, with the prime accused informing the victim`s son about the attack over a chilling phone call, police said on Friday, reported the PTI.
The incident took place in Parli Vaijnath town on Thursday night, they said.
According to the police, the victim, Karbhari Narayan Andhale, had been locked in a monetary dispute with the accused who were identified as Sachin Rathod and Sumit Pawar.
Andhale got into an argument with the accused over the same matter, during which the duo slit his throat. As he lay in a pool of blood, Rathod called his son and told him over the phone, “I have attacked your father. He is lying here,” the official said.
Soon after the incident, the victim was rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared him dead, said an official.
He further added that one of the accused has been apprehended, and efforts are underway to trace the other, as per PTI.
Woman abandons minor children, flees with paramour
In a different scenario, in Maharashtra’s Beed district, a woman allegedly abandoned her two minor children inside a state transport bus and fled with her paramour.
A note, then disappearance
According to police, the woman, a resident of Yavatmal, was travelling with her children on Sunday in a Tuljapur–Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar state transport bus. During the journey, she left the children unattended and got down from the bus with her paramour on a scooter.
Before leaving, the woman placed a handwritten note in one of the children’s pockets. The note mentioned that the children had no parents. “These children have no parents. Please send them to Yavatmal and ensure they reach safely,” the note read. It also included the Yavatmal address and the mobile number of their grandfather, reported PTI.
Bus conductor alerts police
The bus conductor noticed the children crying alone and immediately informed the Shivajinagar police in Beed. Police reached the spot and took the children into protective custody.
Children shifted to care home
Officials from the Child Welfare Committee said the children were later sent to a childcare home in Arvi, Shirur Kasar tehsil, for their safety and care, as per the news agency.
Family contacted by police
Police later contacted the children’s grandfather using the number mentioned in the note and asked him to come to Beed on May 18. However, officials said he appeared more concerned about a scooter, a mobile phone, and Rs 20,000 allegedly taken by his daughter than about the children’s welfare.
Police said further legal proceedings are underway in the case, the news agency reported.
(With inputs from PTI)